Internship Experience FAQ's
- Full accommodation, a cooked breakfast and dinner (packed lunches can be booked on request at an extra cost)
- Programme lectures, workshops, and simulations
- All excursions
- Official certificate of completion
- Tutor written report
- Airport transfers are not included in the programme fee but can be purchased in addition
The Imperial College campus is located less than 20 miles away from London Heathrow Airport, with some of the best transport links in the country. Most of our students fly to London Heathrow or Gatwick, however we typically recommend London Heathrow where possible.
For your peace of mind, we can also arrange an airport transfer service through one of our partner travel firms. The driver will meet you at arrivals and take you directly to your accommodation.
If you are a holder of a UK or EU passport, you shouldn’t require a visa to attend our summer programmes.
If you are from outside the UK or EU, we suggest you search the UK Government website here to check your eligibility.
For students that require a visa, we will issue an official acceptance letter which you can use to apply for your visa and at the boarder if required.
Unfortunately, we cannot be held responsible if your visa application is rejected or if you apply too late to have it arrive in time. In this case, the standard cancellation policy will apply.
We strongly recommend that all students from outside the UK take out comprehensive travel insurance for health, contents, and general cancellation cover. This will give you the peace of mind that should you have to cancel for any reason, you are covered. If you don’t have travel insurance in place, we cannot offer any refund outside of the standard cancellation policy.
We typically recommend students bring the following items with them when attending any of our residential programmes:
- Stationary for classes (pens, paper, calculator where necessary).
- Spending money – so that you can buy lunch and snacks. As a guide we would recommend £15-20 per day.
- Laptop – we recommend all students bring a laptop or tablet with them. All students will have research to do as an integral part of their programme. For all computer science-related programmes, a laptop is essential. You cannot take part without a laptop.
- Phone – all students are required to bring a mobile phone with them. In the event of an emergency, a member of staff will call you as a first port of call. We can advise on purchasing a local sim card where required.
We are an ‘internship’ or ‘work experience’ simulation provider. Our courses blend immersive workshops with industry professionals, lectures, and opportunities to network with professionals from industry. We work closely with several partners from a wide variety of industries to provide a ‘real world’ insight into your chosen career.
We have residential staff who are contactable 24 hours a day for the duration of your stay. Students and family members can call this number at any time in the event of an emergency. We will always have an emergency number for you on file should we need to contact you.
What Students Say About ProEd
Can we answer any initial questions?
A member of the team would be happy to assist.